Thursday, December 24, 2009

o tannenbaum, o tannenbaum



Oh, my, I am a little misty on this Christmas Eve, almost at the end of the tale of this Christmas quilt.

This photo shows the decoration over the mantle -- a ruby red velvet piece of ribbon, bejeweled with buttons spelling out my husband's Christmas name (complete with umlaut). Beside the name are angel-buttons, an homage to my mom.  She was an artist in her ways, and I am thankful that she did not overdo the angel-thing in our home. 

Front and center is a hugging tree-trimming couple, offering up what must be the final ornaments for this Christmas tree.

Santa comes tomorrow.

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Delightful post. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...