Tuesday, February 16, 2010

play time, sort of

This is an arduous procedure, this nuno felting. Physical, messy. So, here goes. A layer of plastic to protect your surface, a layer of bubble wrap, bubbles up, a layer of silk organza -- on top of those, layers of wool roving, two, laid in opposite directions. I used a lot more than necessary, I think.

Over that, I placed a piece of polyester. Wet this thoroughly.


Then apply shaved olive oil soap with a sponge.


Roll the bubble wrap tightly and wrap that in bamboo --  I used placemats.

 

Secure the cylinder with ties and roll back and forth for what seems like days (about 20 minutes or so), untie, rinse, and allow to dry overnight.  You then have your own piece of felt to do with what you please. (It looks rather ugly now, but I promise to release its inner beauty.)

 

And if you just received a Babylock 12 needle Embellishing machine for your birthday, you realize that you could have done this on the machine -- but now you can play even more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...