Sunday, March 27, 2011

fun at college redux


Ventura College's art department is superduper and is only a few miles away.  I played student there for about three years, taking two courses a semester, a good pace for learning and retaining a normal life.

The piece shown above was a study in positive and negative space. All I remember is that I started by drawing a bougainvillea bract and extended the lines. I drew it with silver and black sharpie pens. Rather than create a solid color, I drew the lines echo fashion, kinda like stitching lines...


So today (soccer was rained out, darn) I have been playing with this image. I scanned a photo of it and started painting it digitally. My goal is to create something I can print on cotton sateen and then ... well, stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...