Thursday, June 2, 2011

possibilities

I am working on a challenge put out by Quilters' Studio in Newbury Park. The pieces will be on display in the store for the upcoming Quilters' Run.

We were given a piece of....krinkly plastic! It has to be used in some way to make a piece that hangs horizontally, no larger than 24 x 18". What to do?

First, I photographed it and turned it into a ... moonscape? This is now printed on cotton sateen.


Actually, I see a woman's profile in there...

For another version, I fused the plastic to MistyFuse, and cut it up...and then fused a design on to a wool gauze:


The wool gauze is spray-basted on to wool felt.

Both pieces beckon stitching now, but which one???

2 comments:

Loris Bogue said...

I see you're doing the same thing I am this week!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

This has been a challenging challenge...plastic???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...