Thursday, November 3, 2011

more stitching, more observations


The threads I am using seem to be very opinionated, telling me where they should and should not go...to the extent that I have had to clip out some areas and stitch anew in another hue. Dissonance has a voice.

I am also having a continuing conversation with myself about some of the the negative spaces in this design, and whether they should be left unadorned -- and if not, what kind of any stitching would enhance the artistic appeal of the work in general.

With all this intra-thread and space-design chatter going on, it's a wonder I can follow the choices as I stitch and listen to my DVRd House Hunters International episodes. Continually engaging the brain in older people is supposed to promote cerebral health, so I must be one fine cognitive specimen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...