Sunday, February 10, 2013

another solarplate etching from the Dan Welden workshop

http://www.danwelden.com/Home2.html

The blacks in these solarplate etchings are profound. Each art medium forces the question of "choice" -- why this particular art form?

The answer here is simple --in my eye, this form imparts a sense of gravitas, a more intense expression that is difficult to capture in words. The velvet blacks captivate my eye; there is a sense of delightful mystery, not foreboding, but perhaps intriguing. Well, that's what I see, anyway.

2 comments:

Lora Martin said...

I agree with you that these solarplate pieces are mysterious and intriguing. How fortunate am I, as the viewer, to be able to determine for myself what the story is?

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Thank you, friend. We are lucky to be explorers, yes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...