Friday, November 8, 2013

en route to mojo

"Part sheets" in glass are like swatches of surface-designed fabric in textile art -- something to build with. They will eventually be cut up, further transformed with powdered or ground glass, covered with colored transparent glass, who knows. They are fun to make, especially when one is awaiting the return of Mojo.
I cut up the part sheet in the first photo, added another piece, and then topped them with a second layer of transparents...swish, swish, swish.

Of course my love affair with line is the inspiration for my choices. I added some more lines to unify the piece...

It is in the kiln now. If I don't like it, I can cut it up again - a two-layered part sheet.

Here are some other part sheets I made. They are awaiting further development...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...