Friday, July 17, 2015

what they saw

This piece was in my recent Proverbs show. Some friends went crazy over it. One of them is gaga over hummingbirds, and said that was the first thing she saw -- the beak is at 2 o'clock -- but the piece had an area in the lower left that my friends didn't like.

                                                                                                       pre-sandblasting

It turned out that the area was the result of an experiment I had done using crushed glass---frit--and I had not liked the area either (nor did my husband!). The frit had risen to the top and just looked like some errant flour-fingerprint.

So, I sandblasted it off, refired to seal the sandblasting, re-polished the edges, and voila, my friends get their piece sans smudge!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...