Friday, December 19, 2008

tenacity


One of the icons of textile surface design, Jane Dunnewold, has committed to a daily journal in which she posts a photo on her blog and discusses some aspect of the photo's artistry or how it was taken. Her photos are superb, thoughtful, her comments insightful. Go take a look-see.

I am no Jane Dunnewold. And I am not a photographer. But I do like to take pictures. So, periodically, when I don't have any projects to share, I will post my pix and musings.

The photo above shows a tiny wiry creature growing up the side of a huge redwood at Yosemite. My husband and I spotted it when we were hiking during a mild snowstorm. It looked so tenacious and hopeful.

The green bud stood out against the red of the bark, and since the complementary colors in the photo harken to Christmastime, I thought this would be a good first photo to share.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...