Wednesday, January 7, 2009

composing a dog redux


No art expert am I. Ten art classes so far, my education continues. I relish being both student of art and professor of other disciplines. As I write of my art musings, the student writes.

And here is what I see -- snow falling on a partially frozen pond, denuded trees, a dog's winter coat (dog courtesy again of our Boston buddies), the greens of the stones and pine needles beautifully contrasting with the ruddy hue of the exploring pup -- she is off center, the asymmetry providing a more compelling composition.

No people around (save the photographer) -- whose woods these are, she thinks she knows; she is safe, allowed to roam about, leash-free.

A tranquil scene, warm, though we know it is very cold.

And a very very good dog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...