Wednesday, February 18, 2009

firing a fiber face

If you compare the photo in yesterday's post to today's, you can see how I modified the image -- removed the line delineating the top of her head and added more wild and crazy hair. This is definitely fun, but getting a precise cut in fiber paper is supremely challenging.

I chose to use a transparent glass rather an an opaque one, thinking that the bas relief would 'read' better in a transparent form. In an earlier piece, I created a glass a bas relief of an image and then placed that over a fabric on which I had printed the same image. Much to my delight, the printed form was visible behind the transparent glass form. I might try this here as well. (See my October 24 entry for a chronicle of that adventure.)

Here is the piece before I fired up the kiln --

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...