Saturday, February 28, 2009

lady-in-waiting


This might be the next face of the three I want to use in the textile-and-glass piece I am working on -- I am not smashed about her -- she seems pleased, but she doesn't have any mystery about her. I'll keep drawing, just in case the final result is not satisfactory.

I placed her under glass and started to fire her in my kiln and a huge spark came out of its side. The kiln soon registered an error message -- unable to fire per the pre-programmed schedule. Maybe one of the heating elements blew (an 8 month old kiln should not have such an early fate). Time to call the vendor.

Fortunately, a neighbor is a fellow fuser and kindly let me fire my piece in her kiln. It comes out tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...