Friday, February 27, 2009

testing, testing

Here is my first pass at fashioning a quilted rendition of my glass face (whom I have named Silvergirl). First, let's review the assignment: stitch on the (barely visible) lines of the silk print of the image, remembering that the image is obscured by the presser foot.


Here is the result. This requires a do-over:

Even with a strong Ott light illuminating the project, it was well nigh impossible to see some of the lines. This would be a good exercise for "what is wrong with this picture?" Can you see where I fell off the mark?

Proposed solution: increase the contrast in the image and print it anew on silk. Try, try again.

And now, a swell news flash! Someone has commissioned me to do a textile-and-glass piece!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...