Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a swell solution


Problem: how do you maximize the visibility of transparent glass images when light cannot pass through the glass? Place the glass faces on a bright white cotton.

How do you "frame" a glass portrait on fabric? Add texture. I cut a piece of white cotton the dimensions of each piece of glass, adding one inch to each side. Then I placed an extra piece of batting behind each block of white cotton, the exact size of each piece of glass.

I then stitched the cotton and batting down to the backing, following the line of the dimension of the glass. I frayed the extra 1/2" all round, forming a frame for the glass.

Swell!

p.s. Photographing this glass is a challenge -- see my camera and hands in the glass???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...