Tuesday, July 5, 2011

back to the textiles


After my magic tour of the mysteries of glass, I am back in the textile world, working on a piece I have posted before.  I had taken my sketch below, scanned it into Photoshop, and printed it on cotton. As I want to do a lot of threadwork on it, I printed the piece with the sketch lines a light gray instead of their original black. I hope that the threads will show up better this way.

sketch before printing on cotton

I am using watercolor paint, and that is a huge experiment for me. The colors will change somewhat -- for sure, the dark background under her arm stands out too strongly.

I am not sure I like it, so this could turn out to be a practice piece. It's hard to tell what it will look like with stitching, which should emphasize the figure. All's fun, anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...