Saturday, February 4, 2012

of stitching and sales and soccer

                                                          detail, second panel of triptych (yet to be named)

The stitching on the final panel of my triptych is nearing completion. During the process, I have watched/listened to countless DVRd episodes of House Hunters International, as well as myriad mid-to-low-brow TV shows I will admit to only by general category and not by actual show name, lest you know how really depraved I am (no, this does not include Kim Kardashian or any shows of that ilk).

                                                            detail, first panel of triptych

Fused glass forays are interspersed with these marathon stitching sessions. No TV in the workshop, so my boom boom iPod player modulates my playtime there. One piece emerged from the kiln this morning, this one destined to fulfill my first custom order for a glass vessel.

Good news abounds, for this week I also sold one of my Disney Hall pieces, which is in an exhibit at the Buenaventura Art Association:

                                                                  Disney Hall, Color and Curves - sold!

Sannygirl and I have been logging our running miles courtesy of an app on my iPhone -- the app even calculates total altitude climbed, which surely accounts for my slow pace. Here's The Girl at home, playing soccer with me (I think this is the equivalent of a hand-ball-foul):

6 comments:

Lora Martin said...

Congrats on the sale! I love that piece, someone is very lucky to have snatched it up.

Did you explain the rules to Sanja before the game started?

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Thanks, friend. Yes, I explained the soccer rules to her, but she thinks she came of age in the 60s, and her independent soul follows rules most haphazardly.

Jamie Fingal said...

Your stitching is amazing. A labor of love. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your finished pieces from glass to textile!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Thanks, Jamie. I am zen-ned out with all this meditative stitching. Ommmmmmmmmmmm.

Penelope Ellen Felger said...

Just one word, Sis - WOW!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Thanks, sis! From a stitching expert, that is quite a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...