Tuesday, August 20, 2013

fruition, yes!

Woo hoo, I have now finished five of the "what remains" series (no idea how many will emerge over time). The last one is top left, and my last blog post showed the textile hologram that is its partner.

That piece started out as a potential disaster, as the first firing produced a rather faint image:


Many of the details of the printing plate had been lost:

...and I had particularly loved the elegance of those lines...

So, as I had done on some previous pieces, I added another layer of glass on which I printed the image anew. A second firing of the piece, now three layers thick, produced this, which made my heart sing...


The second firing brought out more detail in the now-second-layer image, and the added layer just made everything pop. I also like that the piece is somewhat holographic, which, of course, hearkens to its sister piece...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...