Wednesday, August 7, 2013

printmaking on glass

This is one of my scanned images of items collected at the park, one of my fave arrangements that came out of that enterprise. I am continuing to work on a set of glass pieces that will be mounted on the wall.

This piece of glass is the third and top layer -- layers one and two were already fused and the result was rather faint...so, I decided to add a third layer with the same image so see what would happen...


That third layer is a glass that looks clear before firing, but "strikes" to a different results-- a rather foggy, ethereal look. So, here is the set up right before I started the kiln...


Each piece of glass has the reverse image, so the overlay should be (emphasize "should") pretty interesting.

I also printed another piece from the park series. Here is the print before I covered it with powdered glass:


It all goes as planned/hoped, that will be the next item to be fired...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...